Lash extensions has become the most popular form of making lashes look fuller and denser. It is the only method, which can give lust, sky-crapping lashes. Keep reading to find out everything about lashes.
Before presenting different method and tricks that can help us make lashes look longer and thicker, it is vital to understand how the lash grow.
Statistically, lashes take quite a long time to grow. Even though it is difficult to observe, lashes have their own life cycle. Depending on the nutrients it gets, lash grows to certain length, then rest and shed. The whole lash phase lasts 70-150 days. If the lash follicle is well hydrated and it has all the essential nutrients lash can live 5 months. It may also happen that due to the lack of vitamins, lashes can fall out prematurely. Beauticians says that we have approximately 80-140 lashes on the upper lid and half of that number on the lower one. Providing eyelashes with proper nutrient can extend the lash life phase up to 150 days and as a result, lashes will appear twice denser and fuller.
It is important to know that each lash is in its own cycle meaning that each lash shed at different time.
What is the Lash Extensions?
Lash Extensions is the procedure when a qualified beauty technician applies individual synthetic lashes to your natural ones, usually in 1:1 proportion. The false lashes are glued with the help of specially designed, safe adhesive. Synthetic and mink (natural) lashes are supposed to last as long as it takes the natural lash to shred if taken care of properly. Due to incorrect maintenance, they can also fall out or break prematurely. The whole lash extension treatment takes 1-2 hours to be completed. During the session, the customer lays down with the eyes closed. The client may choose the lash curl, length and the material it is made of and the technician job is to verify those suggestions and propose the best lashes possible. The choice is broad; we have synthetic lashes, mink, and silk ones. The all come in different thickness, weight, and price.
How does the Procedure Look Like?
Firstly, lashes need to be separated and cleaned from dust and make up traces with the special brushes. With the help of small pair of tweezers, the beautician glues the fake lash to the natural one very close to the lash line. One eye can hold from 80-120 fake lashes. This method is semi-permanent and the client need to visit the salon for the refilling three weeks later.
Are You Wearing Lash Extensions Already? Here are the Rules You Should Stick to
- Your lashes do not like moisture. After the treatment, you cannot damp your lashes. It would be great idea to have a long, hot bath before you go for the treatment because for another 3 weeks you would only dream about this warm treat. You want also to clean your hair prior to the treatment. It is important to keep your lashes dry for at least 48hrs from the application. It is the time when the special lash adhesive sets and any kind of moisture can break the joints between the fake lashes and your natural ones. Your lashes would be grateful if you could forget about the sauna, steam room or the pool Zumba for a few days. Always carry the umbrella with you. In addition, in future when you get out of the shower dry your lashes ASAP. Do not rub them with the cotton towel but use the blow dryer with the cold air stream.
- Do not rub, tug, or pull your lashes. The less you touch them the longer they are going to last. Avoid sleeping on you face and belly if possible as it may damage the lashes and may results in them falling out. What’s more, stop using mascara as the brush may pull the false lashes out.
- Any kind of oil dissolves the lash extensions adhesive. When removing the make-up use only oil-free remover. The great alternative to your heavy-duty make-up cleaner may be the Micellar Water that is both gentle and very effective. You would like to put aside any eye cream or creamy eye shadows that have oils in their formulas. The beautician may provide you with the special eye shampoo or a soap that can remove the excess of the skin sebum. Stop doing the OCM when you wear lash extensions.
- Do not use any kind of waterproof cosmetics. Waterproof mascara and eye shadows are the one that you ought to avoid at all cost. It is difficult to remove them without oils and that is what we want to avoid.
- Do not use the eyelash curler. It is great tool but not if you have the lash extensions done. It may easily break the bone between the false lash and the natural one.
- Stop using eye pencils. The eye pencils are mainly made of oil
- Enhance your natural lashes with a good lash serum so that they can grow long and strong.
What is the Alternative to Lash Extensions?
The second method, which will make your lashes longer and thicker, is using the special Lash Growth Serums. This is a natural approach to treat short lashes and enhance their look. Stimulating lash follicle encourages lash thickening and faster growth. Thanks to formulations rich in vitamins and pro-vitamins, lashes grow longer than normally and they are stronger and shiner.