DO you consider having eyelash extensions done? Before you head to the nearest beauty salon, make sure that you do a proper research on the subject.
- Search for a good lash technician or beautician. DO not rely on the ad and base your opinion on customers’ reviews. Many beauty bloggers describe their experience with lash extensions in particular salons. Make sure that the person who is going to do the lashes for you is licensed and respectable. Do not be afraid to ask about the qualifications. The consultation ought to be free of charge and you should get all the answers to your questions and worries.
- Check if the adhesive used in the treatment is not going to cause any side effects. The best way to test new beauty product is to put a tiny bit of it on the back of your wrist. Wait for a couple of minutes to see if there is any skin adverse reaction. If you develop allergic reaction, ask the lash technician to use different type of glue for your lashes. Also, make sure that the lash extensions will not interfere with your contact lenses and that the liquid used for them is not going to dissolve the lash adhesive.
- Before having your lash extensions applied, your beauty technician should inform you about all the risks involved with the treatment. Make sure that you get all the information regarding the lash care after the treatment.
- Always reshape your extensions after the bath or shower. The easiest and the most effective way to fan them out is using the hair dryer. Use the cold air to shape your lashes into the desired position. You can comb them with the clear brush so that lashes are all in the same position.
- Use good eyelash growth serum. Your natural lashes have to carry extra weight, that’s why it is so important to keep them strong and healthy. Apply oil-free lash enhancer once a day to provide your natural lashes with essential nutrients. Lash serum applied right on the lash line, strengthens lash follicles effectively, which then produce thick, fat lashes. It is important that natural lashes can provide strong the support for lash extensions.
- If you have to, use only water-based mascara. Lash extensions already look amazing and there is no need to coat them with the mascara. Make sure that you do not use waterproof eye products; it is very difficult to remove them without damaging the lash adhesive.
- Remember to brush your lashes every day so they do not go criss-crossed. It is important to keep them in the desired shape and tangle-free.
- Clean your lashes from any oils. Your skin produces sebum that may dissolve the lash adhesive. Eyelids is the area where plenty of natural oil may be collected. Keep your lashes clean and dry. You can massage them with an oil-free micellar water and then take the excess of with the paper towel.
- Any eye cream should be applied under the eyes only. Avoid any oil on your lids. Choose your beauty products with great care. Make sure that your eye base, foundation and eye shadows do not contain any oils so that your lash extensions last longer.
- Enjoy your new, amazing lashes. You can dance, exercise, and do all the stuff that you love. If you follow those simple maintenance rules, you will not have any problems with your lashes. They will stay long and full until the next infill session. Lashes naturally shed after 80 days and the gaps need to be filled in to maintain the immature, full look.
LASH EXTENSIONS DON’T
- DON’T use any oil on your lashes or your eyes. Oil is very damaging to the lash extensions’ adhesive and the bond between the fake lashes and the natural lash may be broken. Avoid any eye creams, waterproof mascaras, oil-based foundation, or eye premier. Additionally, swap your oil rich makeup remover with gentle oil-free cleanser.
- DON’T use cotton towels to dry your lashes. Regular towel may break the bond between extensions and your natural lashes.
- DON’T get your extensions wet for at least 48 hrs after the application. Do not take hot shower; avoid bikram (hot) yoga, sauna, or swimming pool for a couple of days after having the extensions done. The adhesive takes time to settle down and any moisture can dissolve it and clump the lashes together. After taking the bath, the first thing you would like to do is drying your lashes. Use the paper towel of the hair dryer with the cold air mode.
- DON’T pull or tug your lashes. Too much pressure on your lashes may result in the bond between extensions being broken. Try clean it only with water and oil-free soap and avoid rubbing your eyes with cotton pads. Do not play with your lashes so that they do not fall out prematurely.
- Tilt your head back when trying to wash your hair. Do not wet your lashes when takin a bath or a shower. Do not spend time in humid places e.g. bathroom right after shower, steam room. Any excess moisture loosens the bond between your lashes and the extensions.
- DON’T sleep on your side or face. Any pressure on your extensions may break the bond between the lash and the extension. Try to sleep on your back for the time when you wear lash extensions.